How long, what to wear and how to prepare. Get started with becoming an Upsider.
Becoming an Upsider
To become an Upsider, please create a client profile under the "Sign Up" tab. Once you have done so, please email or call us to make your first class booking.
How long are your classes?
All of our regular classes are 55 minutes whereas our express class is 45 minutes. We want to make sure you can always make it to your next appointment so classes start and end promptly. As a courtesy to other clients, be punctual.
What do I wear for class?
- It is important that our Upside instructors can see your body alignment. Wear close-fitting, comfortable clothing that allows for movement.
- Shoes are not needed, but non-slip socks are required for those attending Pilates and Xtend Barre classes for sanitary and safety reasons. Non-slip socks are available for sale at our studios.
- Aerial students should wear tops with sleeves and make sure the underarms, midriff and legs are covered to avoid abrasions. Please wear sports tights/leggings for your modesty in inversions.
- Remove all jewellery and watches before class.
How do I prepare for class?
- Drink plenty of water and have a light meal about three hours before your class.
- If it is your first time at Upside Motion, please arrive 15 minutes early for administrative matters and to familiarise yourself with our studio.
- If you have any injuries or medical conditions, please call to inform our front desks and bring along any relevant medical reports so our instructors can help assess the condition, advise on the suitability for class participation and modify the workout for you when needed.
- Please ensure you have sufficient time for parking and changing into your workout attire before class begins. We want you to enjoy your session without distractions, so no late entry into class is permitted beyond a 10-minute grace period. Leaving class early is strongly discouraged.
What is the maximum capacity for each class?
Our maximum capacity for our classes depends on class types, class timings and room space in our different studios. If you would like to check the capacity of a particular class you'd like to join, give us a call.